Web Search Engine Secrets and TipsLearn about marketing your business on the Web - by Don Keller
Making Money on the Web - SEO, Ad Words "You can't stuff the ballot box, but you can have influence"
- Google Webmaster Academy 7 Steps to smart Webmastering
- Google explains itself Google Webmaster Help Center
- Google Webmaster Account Get yourself a Google Webmaster account
- Google Local Business Center Can you "get on the map' for local searches ?
- Google for Non-Profits Free Ad Words for Non-Profits
- What does Google/Yahoo/MSN see ? Search Engine Simulator
- What Keywords should I use ? Keyword Discovery
- Monitor your website for free Google Analytics "Who visits my site, and for how long"
- SEO - Search Engine Optimization Planet Ocean SEO Book, Training, and Tools
- Buy a website template - Get started with a CSS framework, and write your own website Templates AllWebCo
- Trouble cancelling accounts ? How to cancel account with . . . Facebook, Classmates, etc
- Web Information - Web services, Lookups, Data,
- Professional Web Hosting - Database Hosting InMotion Hosting: Shared VPS Dedicated
- Who owns that website ? Whois
- What did that website look like years ago? - Internet Archive The internet Wayback Machine
- Cross Browser Compatibility - What does you website look like on a PC, Apple MAC (Macintosh) in Chrome or Firefox Browser Shots
- Has someone used text from you website in their website? Fight Plagarism Copy Scape
- Internet Security Expert Chris Shiflett's website
- Web Security Is your website safe ? SQL Injection CrossSite Scripting and other scary things
- CAN-SPAM Act FTC Regulations on Commercial Emailers
I am amazed at how smart Google is. All search engine ranking systems continue to perfect their rankings to look for "real", informative, rich content containing words and pictures and then presenting those websites based on keywords and phrases used (short tail and long tail) in the organic search results (the free results shown on the left side). In the Daniel Breaux website, I found that informative content and properly "ALT" labeled graphics goes a long way to get a top ranked website.
Get Higher Rankings !
Is your website setup to receive the highest ranking possible for your search words and phrases ? Are you using the words and phrases that your prospects are using ?
Make your marketing website effective !
Your website and marketing plan must be built with your prospects and customers needs in mind.
1. Choose your keywords and search phrases carefully. What words would they use when searching for your product or service.
2. Create/Update your website
3. Monitor and analyse your website traffic using Google analytics: visitors, keywords used to find your website, how long they stay on each page.
4. Generate additional traffic using Google ad words, social marketing, direct emails, and blogs.
Technical IssuesThere are a myriad of tricky and unseen features, functions, and frailties associated with websites and web marketing. Does your site look good on different types of computers and browsers ? What does your website look like to a search engine, especially Google, the industy leader ?
Ultra-Technical, but ultra Important Issues
Ignornance is bliss, but when it comes to computers. Paranoia is an asset
From the point of view of user, "it just works". But a business owner needs to know the website is safe, reliable and scalable. Also you must make sure your website developer/programmer team know how to protect you from user mistakes and hacker attacks.